a weekly round-up of our favorite finds from the front lines of food
- Stroke of genius or hungry architects — Amazing Prefabricated California Roll House Adapts Easily to Harsh Desert Environments
- Refugee families tend an urban farm and farmers' market stand in San Diego when the uprooted put down roots. You can watch video of the farm on the IRC's San Diego channel.
- Mix beer and social networking in a less dangerous way and join Untappd, the social network for beer lovers.
- In Ghana, smart phones bring traceability and bargaining power for shea growers. "The phone is very useful – we do not have to walk long distances to get the prices… and the barcodes stop bags of nuts from going missing or getting lost."
- If you want to eat like a chef (meaning lots of late night options and the best hole-in-the-wall joints) check out the new mobile ap Chefs Feed.