a weekly round-up of our favorite finds from the front lines of food
- Tiny foodies will be taking over a cafe near you: Let's begin by saying "Babyccinos" are happening, and there's nothing you can do about it.
- Catching invasive species is making town and country strides at being hip. Fishing for snakehead is featured in the current issue of Food & Wine and Trout Unlimited is singing the praises of fly fishing for carp.
- The family fishing boat — even more endangered than the family farm. New England cod fisherman face bleak prospects.
- Giving some relief for certification madness, European Union and United States Agree to Historic New Partnership on Organic Trade and will recognize each other's certifications.
- France has set goals to reduce pesticide use by half. "Being an American citizen in the early 21st century, I find it stunning that a government would intervene explicitly against the interests of the agrochemical industry," Tom Philpott writes.