weekly round-up of our favorite finds from the front lines of food
- August 15 marked what would have been Julia Child's 100th birthday. PBS Digital Studios honored her with a Keep on Cooking remix video. Bon Appétit!
- Farmers’ Markets on Wheels: Local Non-Profit Raises Funds for a Pedal-Powered, Mobile Farm Stand
- There is still time for a good summer read. Check out the Grist food reading list for some tasty ideas!
- We always knew that dams construction and salmon was a contentious issue, but in this case, Beavers could improve Scottish salmon stocks: study - full ecosystem approach
- Finally a cell phone policy that pays off. EVA Restaurant in LA explores giving diners a discount if they turn over the phone for the duration of the meal.
- The Diawa House takes urban gardening to a new level. The agri-cube can grow 10,000 portions of vegetables per year in a hydroponic unit the fits into the size of a parking space. Now if they could just incorporate a vending machine component.