weekly round-up of our favorite finds from the front lines of food
Here come the Snakes!
Sunday, February 10 is Chinese New Year and the beginning of the Year of the Snake.
- A big part of Chinese New Year is the food. In Shanghai, you can Eat your way through the culinary back streets.
- If you want to take the New Year literally, don't let us stop you. Meet Hong Kong's snake soup kings (with crazy/awesome photos, including the one above)
- You can do it at home: 8 steps to cook a snake
- And you can forage them yourself: Survival tips on choosing and cooking snake in the wild
- And what pairs with snake? China is set to become the sixth largest wine producer in the world by 2016.
Happy New Year & Bon Appétit!